Golf teaching and practice
Whether you want to learn the perfect golf swing or improve your handicap, our qualified PGA Pros can help you optimise your swing and improve your game.
We offer a generous driving range (also suitable for long hitters), teeing off mats, grass tees and extensive practice facilities like a pitching area and a large putting green.
Our swing studio is one of the best facilities for swing analysis in the country.
Our Pros offer highest level training to perfect your technique and make you enjoy your game
Frequently asked questions
What are the first steps for playing golf?
Before playing your first round of golf, you should know the most important rules of behaviour and safety on the course. Golf balls fly at great speed and can easily hurt somebody which is why Austria and Germany have developed a basic standard test prior to allowing you onto the course. In a 2 stage programme you will learn the basic rules which will enable you to get along on the course.
In brief: The meaning of the handicap
The handicap shows the golfer’s ability. Each golf course defines a certain number of strokes which should be enough for a good golfer to finish the course, e.g. an 18-hole course could be played with 72 strokes. If you manage to do this in a tournament, your handicap is 0 – a very ambitious aim.
At the beginning of your golf career, you will get assessed with a hcp of 54 by a Pro. This means that you would play a 72 course in 72+54=126 strokes. After this initial estimation there are several possibilities to lower your hcp.
The hcp has got one major advantage: If you play against a better golfer, the different handicaps are taken into consideration when counting the strokes at the end of a round. Like this, you still have a chance to beat a better player.
What are the first two stages of golf instruction?
- Stage 1: gaining a hcp of 54 = course license
- Stage 2: gaining a hcp of 45 = license to take part in tournaments
What does “Platzreife” (=course license = PE= Hcp 54) mean?
- The PE certificate is the proof that you have passed the basic test of theory and practical play.
- With the PE you have a hcp of 54.
- The PE enables you to play on the course where you passed the PE.
- You receive the PE by taking part in a course or private lessons with a Pro.
What does tournament permission (=TE=hcp 45) mean?
- With your TE certificate, you can prove that you have received an extended basic instruction on theory and practice.
- With the TE, you play with a hcp of 45.
- With the TE, you can play on all courses that accept TE players. This depends on the club. Some clubs demand a better handicap. However, they mostly ask for a membership in a club registered at the Austrian Golf Association, the ÖGV.
- You receive your TE by joining a course or taking single lessons. The course we offer is a 3 day intensive course. Previous knowledge of the game is required to take part in this course.
Do you have to become a member to play golf?
Yes, you need a full membership in a golf club in order to play on other courses.
If you enjoy frequently playing the same course, we recommend a full membership in your home club, who will then also manage your handicap. There are several reasons why it is worth joining a golf club for a keen golfer.
- Management of your hcp. This is necessary if you want to improve your game.
- Unlimited use of all the facilities and offers of the club
- Various green fee reductions at attractive partner clubs
- Relaxed family club atmosphere
- You will be looked after by a professional club team
- And much more